Monday 6 October 2014

Trevor and Sue Cook house 1992

I have posted this on my Quayside blog but thought because it was an older house it might be of interest on here too!

This is the latest arrival in the village! The Grand Quayside hotel! Its not a Julie house unfortunately as she tends to make smaller houses which wouldn't really suit a big hotel. I did buy it from Julie though and she said after she was very sad to part with it so I really hope I do it justice! It was made by Trevor and Sue Cook in 1992 so its bordering on being Vintage. Its beautifully made, all wood which is a big thing for me as all my houses are wood! Apart from painting the path to match in with the village I haven't had to do a thing as it was all beautifully decorated. I like that it had a modern feel inside though as my only worry was it would feel like my Victorian house but it doesn't at all and I really couldn't have found a better hotel!




Repainted path and a couple of plant pots added.


I plan to add a conservatory one day to add an extra room, probably a cocktail lounge. For now I added the awning and the car with the first guests arriving!



This is how the inside looked before I started filling it up!


I love the real stairs and hallways!


Lovely decoration and beautiful wooden floors!



I did actually have a lot to go in here already as its all moved over from the B & B




Polly is in the dining room preparing the breakfast buffet.




The wallpaper in here couldn't have been more perfect to go with my units!


 This room is the honeymoon suite. The bath is probably a bit much but I liked it so squeezed it in for the newly weds to have long romantic bubble baths!



This is the Captains room! He is a permanant resident and his room is kept for him when he is out at sea!


Ships wheel bed and lovely quilt of course made by Deb!



On the top floor is another pretty bed although I may give this room a different theme! Beccy is the new chambermaid and is cleaning the room just in case its needed!


The modern seaside bedroom for the more discerning visitors!


Sybil is manning reception although I think I may change the desk for something a bit more formal!


I had to add a few extra rooms to the keys board!


Basil is in the empty kitchen wondering how they are going to feed anyone!


Next job is the lighting which arrived today .That will be fun with so many rooms....NOT!! It will look amazing all lit up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment